Thank you for helping to "beta test" my blog over the past two months! Your comments and suggestions have been extremely helpful.
Here are some facts and lessons learned, some obvious and others not so:
- I can do 95% of what I need to manage my own website and blog in WordPress.
- Google Analytics is a terrific tool and it is free.
- Regular posting of blogs is essential for traffic (duh!). Note: "Feed it or it will die!"
- I cannot write a post every day. Weekly would be great, twice a week would be greater.
- Writing (when in the groove) is really fun for me.
- Reading comments from readers is also fun.
- Reading comments from readers to other readers is even more fun.
- Typos happen. Being perfect is not possible for bloggers. (Thanks for pointing them out to me and being nice about it.)
Some interesting statistics (interesting to me, anyhow, even though I have no idea yet what they mean.):
- Total views: 1062.
- Average visit duration: 3:16.
- Average Time on Page: 2:02.
- Mobile phone visits accounted for 24.3% of all views.
- Visitors came from USA, Canada, India, Japan.
My top three blog posts were:
My bottom three blog posts were:
Because I think all my blogs are good, I'm hoping that the bottom three were the least viewed because they were among the very early ones.
What is next?
- A more regular pattern of blog postings.
- A greater focus on search terms to grow the readership.
- Learning what the stats mean and how to influence them in a positive way.
- Continued focus on us Independent Professionals and the ideas and philosophies that will help us be better at our crafts and our lives. Even though we are independent, we are not alone.
Again, thank you for helping me with your comments and suggestions.
I have a lot to learn.